Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Story

How did we meet: I had known who Steve was for about four years before we actually met. He was always hanging out at my high school. We officially met at a mutual friends house in the summer of 1999. He was talking to a good friend of mine, so I figured if I was ever gonna get to meet him I had to butt in to their conversation. It worked, and he noticed me. Later we went on a big group date and "ended up" ( I planned it) sitting next to each other during the movie. We had a great time.

Where did you go on your first date: We had a great first date. Steve picked me up at my home and we went downtown to a place called the Bonnie Brae district to Bonnie Brae Ice cream. I don't like ice cream, but I wanted to go on a date with him. After the ice cream, we went bowling. I got beat bad. Bowling was a fun activity because we could talk and be a little silly. After bowling we went to a friends house. They were having a movie night, and we stayed for a minute and left because we didn't want to be around that many people. So we went to Steve's house, and watched The Wedding Singer. He took me home well after midnight. It was the longest first date either of us had been on, and neither of us wanted it to end.

How long have you been together: We started dating 9 years and 1 month ago and got married 8 years and 7 months ago.

Who said I love you first?: I'm pretty sure that it was Steve, and I was quick to reply. I didn't want to freak him out by saying it first.

Who is taller: Steve

Who sings better: I do

Who is smarter: Umm, Steve

Who does the laundry: I do. Steve offers to help but I always refold what he does, so it's better if he doesn't help.

Who does the dishes: Steve usually does the dinner dishes, but Alexis and Tommy load and put away the dishwasher

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Laying in the bed, I do.

Who pays the bills: Me

Who mows the lawn: We only have dirt for now, but when we get a lawn I guarantee that it won't be me mowing it!

Who cooks dinner: I do.

Who drives when you are together: In the van I do, in the corolla he does.

Who is more stubborn: Me

Who kissed who first: It was a mutual first kiss.

Who is more sensitive: I think I am but Steve has his moments.

Who proposed: Steve. He drove me to my favorite place to go hiking a night in the snow and drug me out of the car to sit in a pile of snow on a picnic bench and proposed to me. I was cold and hate the snow so I said yes and wanted to get back in the car as fast as possible. It could have been much more romantic if I hadn't ruined it by being such a wuss.

Who has more siblings: We are equal with two. We are both middle children.

Who wears the pants: The kids think I do, but it's really Steve.

Thanks Stephanie, that was fun and it brought back a few memories that I don't get to sit and think about as often as I'd like.

4 comments:

Wooden's said...

Just found your blog :)this is a great post, love all the memories.

Lindsay said...

I liked this post so much I decided to post it on my own blog. hope you don't mind!

Lawrence Clan said...

Thanks for sharing, it's always fun to hear (or read) how people meet & their story. You guys are so cute together!

john and steph said...

Thanks for doing it. It was fun to read.