Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Change in Plans

November 5,2008
Between yesterday and today I went through 26 hours of induced labor to deliver the body of our 17 week old baby boy. We have had complications throughout the entire pregnancy and are so grateful to have carried him this far. We are sad, but feel comfort. I knew there was the possibility of this happening, but after last weeks ultrasound I felt good about formally announcing the pregnancy and everything really looked good with the baby. My body was not cooperative this time. I am more grateful than I can say for the four beautiful children that the Lord has blessed us with and look forward to being able to still be their mom. We are doing well. I'm relieved to finally have closure to this and not have to worry each day that this was going to happen. Thanks for all of the phone calls and words of kindness.

Katie