On November 29th, Alexis Brooke Winn was baptized by her daddy. It was a different experience, actually a little funny. the primary in the ward had set the date for December 13th. We got a phone call on Monday evening from the ward executive secretary asking if we would like to be part of the Stake baptism on Saturday. We said sure, and were told that the stake would take care of the talks and songs. The baptism was scheduled for 5:00pm, so we planned on getting there a little early. When we got there we were surprised to see that it was a missionary baptism, and we told them what we were told. They were very nice and put us and our friends who's daughter was also getting baptised on the program. What's funny is that the girl they were baptising was from one of the Spanish wards. We had a half Spanish half English program. It was funny to me. During the hymns, one side of the room was singing in English and the other half was singing in Spanish. The speakers were bilingual, so they would say a few lines in English and then a few lines in Spanish. It was unlike any baptism I had been too. It was unforgettable.
Alexis with her very good friend, Lindsay.

6 comments:
Congratulations Alexis! I am so proud of you. I loved having you and Lindsay in my primary class, you are both such sweet young ladies!
Congratulations Alexis! Sounds like it was an unforgettable day for sure. No matter what the circumstance your baptism is a day you will never forget.
What's up with the fork in the nose picture...Oh my goodness that poor kid!!! (Is that real?) I would probably pass out if I found my kid in that situation. :)
The fork in the nose... Jentry emailed that to a bunch of people a year or two ago, and I showed my kids so that they wouldn't goof off at the dinner table or any time with forks. Apparently they forgot, because they've bee silly and now Michael is older and I showed it to all of them again. Yes it's real. It's a great lesson to the kids!
WOW!!! Alexis baptized, that is wonderful and a little unbelievable. I wish we could see her now, I am sure we would be as in love with her as we were the first day we met her.
Hey Katie I found you now I am stalking you:) Ok serious that just makes my heart melt to see your cute daughter and Steve in white!!!
hey if you want an invite to my blog let me know on facebook.
MMMMOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!! how emaresing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment