Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I Am Full of Gratitude
Thanks to my wonderful husband for that sweet post. I got after him because I didn't think it was fair for him to make me cry on my birthday. I have to say that I am so happy. I love being 30. I love my husband, and my great kids. I love our house, and ward. I have great friends and family. I was thinking about why some people feel so down when they reach a milestone such as turning 30. Not me. I have been ready for this day for a long time. I think that most of it is because I am who I thought I'd be and I'm doing what I always wanted to do with my life. I am a stay at home mother of four beautiful kids, and the stay at home wife to Steve, who I know is who the Lord made for me. I also feel as though I've earned my age. We went through a lot of different trials in our 20's. They really formed us into who we are and how we deal with situations. I have learned to have an eternal perspective. I have learned not to be quick to anger, and not to be offended. I've learned that whatever my trials are, that someone else may be having a harder time and they may need my help, or support. I've learned forgiveness. It's easy to think of the needs of others while caring for those in my stewardship. I love new opportunities. I love challenges, and learning from them. I love feeling the satisfaction of self achievement. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for guiding me to where I am and who I've become. I know I have a lot to learn and a lot more to go through. All of these experiences make me stronger and more grateful for all of my blessings. It feels so good to not only be happy with life, but also to be content. I am happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Katie, I wished we lived closer I am sure I could learn a lot from you.
I'm excited to turn 30 too. I always felt that you had an older soul. You just seemed to know exactly who you were and didn't struggle with things that other girls struggle with. You are a great example to everyone who knows you!!!
30 is good, but I have to say that getting to those mid 30's (yep that's where I am) I'm not so much fond of. I actually have started to lose track of how old I am. I keep thinking I'm 33, and I have to remind myself that I'm 34. But like you, I recognize each year is a blessing, and the older we get the more wisdom we aquire through trials we endure and through good times. You are such a wonderful example to those around you, and I love your happy spirit you carry with you all the time. Happy 30th Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday!!! I'm so happy that you had a great day! I hope that I can be that mature and so full of understanding when I'm 30, I'm not too far... :) So... I'm thinking that it won't happen. But I can dream, can't I? Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday!
Your post put a tear in my eye...and of course a smile too...I am extremely grateful to have your thirty-year-old self in my life.
You're awesome Katie. I dream of that kind of contentment. I'm working on it and with you as an example, I'm sure to get there even faster. Love ya!
You're awesome Katie. You're such an inspiration to be more content and grateful for my blessings and trials. Love ya!
Post a Comment