Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our First Campout

We have finally gone camping! We had a fun time. I think we may even do it again someday. We left after the school ended on Friday, and drove to the Tonto National Forest near Payson, AZ. We were planning on going to the Woods Canyon Lake area but it started to get dark before we arrived there, so we saw a camp site on the side of the road and it had some spaces open. We were able to get the tent up before dark and the kids loved being outdoors. We ate dinner and toasted marshmallows. In the morning we had breakfast and packed up our things. We drove to Woods Canyon Lake and it was beautiful. However, all the campgrounds were full, so we were so happy that we chose to stay where we did.



Here are some pictures.





4 comments:

Kelley Hicken at Scribbleweed.com said...

As much as I dislike camping overnight... I still love being out in nature. It looks like you had so much fun!

Jill said...

We love to camp and so do the kids! It looks like you all had fun. The kids will remember it and love you for it.

Shawna said...

How fun! Ben and I have been camping once with the kids and it was a HORRIBLE experience. We're trying to convince ourselves it is worth another shot but we're not quite there yet. Glad it was fun for you! Almost makes me want to go again! We need to hear about all the fun camping experiences out there. ha!

Lani said...

We used to camp every year in UT, but we haven't braved camping in AZ yet. I think you may have inspired me to get on the ball with that! Looks really pretty! TREES!!!! Yay! :-)