Thursday, April 29, 2010

Steve Caught a Lizard, and I Made Jam!

We have little lizards all over the wall of our back yard.  They are really fast and hard to catch.  We have been trying to catch one for about a year without any luck, but with a few squished lizard heads.  Yesterday Steve was mowing the lawn and came in the house with a lizard.  The kids were so happy.  They have been asking for a pet for a long time, and now they have one.

While Steve was playing Crocodile Hunter, Alexis, Amy and I made strawberry jam with the $.88 per pound strawberries I bought on Tuesday.  It was the last day of the sale so I didn't get enough to make more than one batch of jam, but it was pretty fun.  Steve already gave one jar to a home teaching family.   Tomorrow is the Father and Sons campout, so while all the guys are gone we girls are going to make blackberry jam with our sale berries!




3 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

Yum, I am jealous....not of the lizard but of the jam.
And you look great. But you always do when you are pregnant! Good luck with the last few weeks.

Jason said...

Congrats on expecting the new baby! I had to comment on your title, because it sounds real red-neck. I mean only in the South would you make jam out of lizards. I was relieved to read that it was strawberry jam.

Say hi to Steve for me.

Aika said...

That is amazing that Steve caught those lizards! Wow, he really is probably related to the Crocodile Hunter. :) Good job!