I am feeling quite frustrated tonight. I'm wishing there were more things in my control, and that I had the support to do them. Three things in particular, but only one that I'm really talking about tonight. I am not a highly educated person. I don't think I'm dumb, but I didn't do more than a semester of college, and so some of my skills are weak. I wish I was able to retain what I had been taught in high school. I wish I had the ability to vocalize my points without getting flustered and emotional. I wish I could express certain options and be taken serious. I would like to have my judgment trusted. I would give up a lot to do some of the things I would like to do. Not for myself. I'm not being selfish. I know the things I want to do for myself will happen one day when my family is grown. I just want my kids to have the fullest and most productive and highest quality upbringing that I can give them.
The kids had a great day today. They are happy. Tommy and I had fun at scouts. Unfortunately I think all the boys left with hot glue burns. They'll get the hang it one day. We made American Indian homes out of popsicle sticks. It was fun. The kids worked on homework until about 7:00 and then we watched Dreamer with my mom. She had been wanting us to see it for a long time, and so she brought it with her from Hawaii.
I love Alexis' gifted mind. I love Tommy's butter fingers. I love Michael's improved coloring skills. I love Amy's "reading" skills. I love Burke's little ears. I love Steve's calm thinking.
3 comments:
I saw that you're feeling better, but I just gotta say... I consider you one of the most intelligent and capable and "with it" people out there. Hugs!
Thanks, Busca!
I agree with Busca. I never would have guessed that you only had a semester of college. It just shows that some of the best education is the continuous learning kind... the stuff you get outside of the classroom.
Post a Comment