Monday, October 31, 2011

Wow, it's been a long time...

I'm sure there is no one anywhere who will read this.  I have been a loser this past few moths.  Thankfully, I write this for myself, and not for the entertainment of others.  It will be difficult refreshing my memory of all that I haven't posted, and unfortunately, there are few pictures because my camera has been missing/not working well.

Let's see...  At the end of July Steve came home from missionary correlation meeting and tells me that he would like to sign the boys up for football.  I rolled my eyes and said it was fine.  I didn't know what I had agreed to.  Tommy and Michael started training camp, and after a few days Alexis asked if she could please play too.  ugh.  I said that she could if there was a team that could use her, and there was.  She loves it.  I cringe.  Since then our lives have revolved around the sport.  We have practice for two hours every night except for Friday. Saturdays are game days, and it is crazy.  We have been all over the city for games.  These games are far, like an hour drive or more.  It really takes our whole day.  That on top of our church callings and school work has left little time for anything else.  It has been so fun for the kids, and I really think it has helped Michael the most.

School started at the beginning of August.  I have no pictures to show, but maybe I'll take some first day after Christmas break pictures.  They still attend the same school.  Alexis is in 5th grade and has her first male teacher, Mr.Peet.  He's young and fun and the kids really like him.  Tommy is in 4th grade and he has a nice teacher who helps keep him challenged, Mrs Szabo.  She had him for math last year, so i'm glad he has her this year.  Michael had a really hard transition to 1st grade.  He really struggled with starting a new school year, but  after some bribing, he has made the year a success.  His teacher is young and really cute.  She is super nice, and is very patient with him.  Her name is Miss Williams.  I am homeschooling Amy this year for kindergarten and it is so fun.  I also enrolled her in a fun music class called Let's Play Music.  She loves it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We love Let's Play Music. Taytum finished and is in her second year of regular lessons...she's awesome and never complains once about practicing. Price is in his second year. I plan to start Nash next year.
That is a lot of football! Is it flag? Price is playing right now too and he loves it.