Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful

We had a really nice Thanksgiving.  The Despain family from our ward came over and shared our dinner with us.  The food and company were both good.  This year we chose to have our turkey deep fried.  It was good, but next year I'll probably just make it the way I always do.  This was the first year that my gluten free pie crust turned out well.  It was really good.  I also used some of the pumpkin I canned to make the pumpkin pie.  It too was really good.  Steve commented on both the better tasting pie and the pie crust.  That made me happy that he was happy and liked it.

I have so much to be grateful/thankful for.  I have children to love, a husband to care for, food to eat, a nice home to live in, water that comes directly to my home, water that turns hot with the turn of a handle, a gas stove, an oven three freezers and two fridges, sewing machines, skills to use the sewing machines, a desire to learn more skills to help my family become more self reliant, chickens to gather eggs from, a love of learning, a husband who supports and loves me, a healthy body, and of course the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the restored church of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am thankful for the new Phoenix temple and am looking forward in attending there.  I'm also grateful that this semester will be coming to an end in 19 days.  I am worried about accounting, but if worst comes to worst I will just have to retake it.  I am not going to give up.  I know A can learn this, it may just take more time.

The chickens are doing great.  We are getting a lot of eggs.  This month I will be keeping track daily on our calendar.  They are fun and funny.  The kids still like them a lot.  I am still dreaming of buying some land to do a little more with. 

No comments: