Friday, February 1, 2008

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do... So things just don't seem to get less exciting the longer we live here. Last night we were just having a nice normal evening. Lost had premiered it's fourth season, basketball was on TNT, and COPS was on in our front yard. I was in the downstairs bathroom when I thought I heard a helicopter. I didn't think this unusual until I realized that it wasn't going anywhere and it was really loud for some reason. I came out of the bathroom and asked Steve if he could hear it too and he said not really because he had a game on TV. I started to go around to the downtstairs windows to see if I could see the copter, and the moment I looked out the front window two police cars and a police SUV had practically pulled into our front gravel (not lawn) and the spotlight from the helicopter was brighter than the sun at noonday. The police jumped out of their vehicles and started yelling at a suspect and pinned him to the neighbors front gravel (not lawn). While I was witnessing this I yelled for Steve to come see that they caught the guy in our front yard. We quickly proceeded to turn out the lights in the house and turned on the backyard porch lights so that no one would want to hide there. The helicopter was also looking in our backyard, and that of our neighbors. I started to make a mad dash to lock every door and Steve and I ran upstairs to his office to see what we could see and hear. We heard a lot of mumbling and something about pulling a gun and they arrested the guy and were gone almost as soon as they had come. I really hope that they caught whoever else they were looking for. So...whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
Oh yeah, I was a little scared and Steve was a little worked up, and neither of us could sleep for a while after, so we watched the local news and had a nice laugh. Our local news is terrible. Very cheesy, and a lot of big bad hair and guys in ugly shirts. Finally we were able to get to bed, but we left the backyard lights on all night just incase anymore bad boys wanted to use our yard to hide. While I was lying in bed I could here echoes of helicoper not to far away... I didn't have time to think about taking pictures.

2 comments:

Josh & Alex Barlow said...

hey there... what is your email address? :) hope you are doing great... gotta love the blogging world!

jaredelizabeth said...

Love the blog. It's great to see you guys. I love the videos....Scorpions....uggg. The helicopter story is unbelievable. That would freak me out, but it's a cool story that you can tell people. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how big Amy and Micheal are. You have two cookie cutters for kids...I don't know if they look like you or Steve, but Alexas and Micheal are one mold and Tommy and Amy are the other....so cute!