Tommy was diagnosed with Celiac Disease last July, and finding good gluten free food has been an adventure. I have found delicious recipes and discovered some great cookbooks, however, we had very limited choices when it came to breakfast cereal, and they weren't very good, and a lot more expensive. We pretty much pretended to like them just because that was our only choice. Now General Mills has at least five wheat free barley free cereals. They have changed the recipe in Trix to contain only corn ingredients, and Rice Chex to be labeled as gluten free. I know this is silly but it's such a relief and makes life at our house a little less stressful, and our pocket book a little fuller. I am a happy momma!
3 comments:
Good to see you are up and running. I have two cousins that have Celiac and we understand how hard it can be. It seems that more and more things are becoming gluten free. I love shopping at Sunflower Market because they have so many great tasting snacks without gluten. I think it's great that General Mills now has cereal that kids will actually like. Amy is getting so big! I loved watching her pull the diapers into the basket, very cute.
I'm glad to see so many new posts! Wow...I didn't know Tommy had Celiac Disease. When we learned about it in school it seemed like it would be so hard to find anything to eat. That's great that so many companies are starting to make foods gluten free, and that they actually taste pretty good. Hope you are all doing well and had a safe trip up to Denver for the funeral.
Hey Katie, I just found your blog today. It is fun to see what you are up to. I heard that you moved last week. I'm glad you're staying in the ward! I hope everything is going good in the new house.
Post a Comment