Friday, June 27, 2008

Fire in the Valley




On Wednesday during the late afternoon, we had a nice thunder shower. There was lots of lightning and a lot of noise. Our power went off for just a split second. I told Steve to look out front because our street gutters were full and there was a lot of water. Well, he also noticed some smoke to the distance and we realized that a bolt of lightning struck the ground. Yes, we have a wild fire not more than a mile from our home. Our neighborhood actually backs right up to the Gila River Indian Reservation. It is on fire. It started out towards the west, but it has moved way east. The reservation has quite a few of our ward members on it, but so far no stuctures have been burned. Here is the view from our front porch.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I am glad that you guys are doing okay. I have been thinking about you with all those fires. We have just had a ton of smoke which means no outside play and it's driving my boys crazy.