We were able to got to Denver this at the end of September. It was so fun. My sisters were both there with their families. We have never all been together at the same time with all our kids. We had a great time. these pictures are not in the order they were taken on the trip, but that's ok. The first set are of us at the Littleton Historical Museum. It is a great (free) place to take the kids and let them just run around. It's a 1860's farm replica and a 1890's farm replica. I love it there. One night Steve's mom and dad made a little fire pit in their garden and we toasted marshmallows and had smores. The gluten-free bakery around the corner had gf graham crackers that allowed Tommy to have as much of a treat as everyone else. We also went to the Denver Zoo. I love this zoo. It has a great variety of animals, but it isn't so big that you can't see everything you want in one day. It was Amy's first time to a zoo since she was about 6 months old. She loved seeing the animals. Cindy and Steve also took the three older kids to the Cherry Creek Reservoir to go fishing. We practiced casting in the driveway first and even that was fun. I love my kids and how they love doing new things. Cindy also planned a treasure hunt for the kids complete with hidden map and buried treasure. Inside the treasure chest were lots of pirate dress-up stuff and even some wigs. The kids were adorable putting on all the gear.
The trip was great. The drive up and back was long, but the kids were so good we couldn't complain (much).
5 comments:
Looks like you had a great time with your family. I luv the Denver zoo also, it's so nice! The one in the Springs is on the side of a mountain so it's more of an endurance test:)
Hi Katie,
Man I can't believe how much Amy looks like Alexis and Tommy did while we were all living in Utah. What good times. Any way it looks like ya all had a great time in Denver. Isn't Devner and the surounding areas such a pretty place. I miss the Rockys. Not much of mountains here in good ol' Houston. Also I started a blog on my famly if you would like to take a look. The address is
www.crandalls1998.blogspot.com. Or just link me from Michelles blog. Talk to you later.
Kristie
What...you came to Denver and didn't call??? J/K. It looks like you had a great time! Your kids are so cute!
What...you came to Denver and didn't call??? J/K. It looks like you had a great time! Your kids are so cute!
Sounds like a fun trip! I want to go back to Denver too! We love it in Idaho but sure miss Colorado.
Post a Comment