Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!

Katie normally manages this post, but I've hijacked her account password, and am posting 100 things I love about her in honor of her birthday. Read it fast, cause she might want to pull this down soon!

-Steve



1. How you sing I'm wishing to the girls
2. How you read with the kids
3. The way you rock back and forth in your chair when you eat something you like
4. How you like quilting for someone else better than shopping for yourself
5. When you roar like a lion defending your children
6. When you are sweet as a lamb when comforting them
7. The way you let Amy sit on the counter and help make breakfast
8. Your brownies
9. Your "Crazy Mater" scream
10. Your "Scorpion" scream
11. Your beautiful greenish eyes
12. How you react when I tease you about your brown eyes
13. How beautiful you are in your white dress
14. The way you work so hard to look good - even though you are so beautiful without all that work
15. How you jump up and down clapping when you are excited
16. How you beat my brains in at "you don't know jack" because you read so much faster than me.
17. When you lost your train of thought teaching R.S.
18. You know every word to Happy Gilmore
19. You refrain from quoting every word to Happy Gilmore while we watch it.
20. Teaching Amy the words to the song "If you're out on your own… Feeling lonely and so cold. All you have to do is call my name…"
21. You understand that Michael shouldn't know the words to that song.
22. You know who Asajj Ventress is.
23. You know who Melody is.
24. You made Wii Miis that look exactly like the Gilmore Girls cast
25. Your Wii Mii looks like Sara Palin
26. Your favorite thing to watch is Gilmore Girls
27. Wait, I think its actually Lord of the Rings
28. No, It's Harry Potter
29. Actually Its John and Kate plus eight.
30. No, Kate is too mean, You like LOST better.
31. That day in Aspen Hiking in the woods
32. You let me propose to you in the snow - even though you hate snow
33. You waited patiently 8 years for a house
34. Your appetite for prime rib!
35. Your love of berry cobbler
36. Your first thought is for others
37. How you teach the kids how to read
38. How you teach the kids about numbers
39. You let me watch all my Nuggets games
40. You encourage me to go play basketball during the week.
41. You encourage me to go golf if I want to.
42. You work hard at your callings
43. Your active participation in the kid's education
44. You have a great passion for doing what is right
45. You value work ethic
46. You value family
47. You are true to your friends
48. You are kind to the neighbors
49. You pretend to like basketball for my benefit
50. How you don't think it's a touchdown if the whole ball isn't in the end zone
51. You try new things to make me happy
52. That you miss Gregg Wiggle
53. You had a doll named Alexis growing up
54. You think Kevin Costner is an idiot
55. You were happy when I gave you "The Haunting" for Christmas
56. Our Trip to Breckenridge
57. Saskatchewan
58. Everything is washable
59. You named your car Super Chick
60. You love Glenn Beck.
61. I know you love me more than Glenn Beck.
62. You always have a prayer in your heart
63. I don't have to think of myself because I know you already are.
64. Your great bed n breakfast idea
65. Your great fabric store idea
66. Your great long arm quilting business idea
67. Your willingness to put off your great ideas for the kids
68. Your passion for Mario Galaxy
69. How you are always optimistic that you can beat me at Mario cart ;)
70. Letters cannot be numbers!
71. Thanksgiving dinners
72. You're a good blogger
73. You learned how to budget well
74. You know how to make great chocolates
75. You can make awesome cakes
76. Your passion for supergrains
77. You learned how to drive a manual transmission on a car we bought when Alexis was born
78. We still own that car
79. You are the Gluten Free Queen
80. You found a great deal on that stroller!
81. Sealings
82. 10 years in 2010
83. Your Beatles albums
84. You let me listen to my obnoxious music in the car
85. You pretend to like some of my obnoxious music
86. You love my grandparents and treat them like your own
87. You open our home to anyone you can
88. You couldn't guess your Christmas gift
89. You let me give you a blessing in Capitola
90. You make me want to honor my Priesthood better
91. Your smile makes me feel good inside
92. St. George just to see the sun again
93. Lake Havasu, just to get away for a day
94. Our first Kiss
95. The way you looked across the altar
96. You love the kids
97. The kids love you
98. You love me
99. I love you more
100. But you think you love me more

11 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

That is the sweetest thing ever Steve. And yes I would have to agree Amy is a very neat person. She was always nice and very fun to be around.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!

Jennifer Groves said...

Awww that is so sweet! :) Happy Birthday Katie! I hope it was great!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Katie! That was so sweet. I don't think you will take that off of your blog, every wife would love to hear 100 things that your husband loves about you. What a great husband you have!

Lani said...

Oh wow. So so sweet. Happy Birthday, Katie!

Tracy Giles said...

What a nice hubby. Happy Birthday.

Tifani said...

Oh my gosh! Steve is so darn sweet. I read every single one of those. Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful day. I am sure that your husband will make sure of that.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY! Hope you have a great one.. what a nice hubby you have :)

The Bundy Family said...

Okay Steve that is by far the cutest post I have seen in a long time. Happy Birthday Katie...belated. I hope you had a great day, because you deserve it. You are a special person!

Tifani said...

Hey girl, I wanted to email you and talk to you about your loss. I don't have your email though. I just don't know very much of what happened and would like to talk to you about it more if you are willing.
My email is: enduringwell@gmail.com
Love ya, Tifani

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! Steve, that was wonderfully sweet and well deserved.

Diana said...

That was amazing. Steve, you just might be worthy of that gem-of-a-wife you have.....not that I didn't think you were before.