Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Am Ill

On Monday, I came down with a pretty serious illness that I thought I was immune to. The symptoms are sleeplessness, anxiousness, and being a little giddy. I have Twilightus. I can't stop. I started Twilight Monday after the kids were in bed at 8:30 and read until 2:30am. I wished all morning on Tuesday that I could sit and finish the book, but of course there were little people that needed crazy things like food, rides to school, attention, stuff like that. So After I put Amy down for her nap I snatched the book back up and finished the last ninety pages. I needed more. Luckily, the first chapter of New Moon was at the back and I could read that for the time being. I was frantic. How long would it take the library to get the book to me if I put it on hold? How fast could I drive to Costco where I'd seen them for around $12 a piece? Or Amazon.com for $6 a piece, but when would it arrive. No, I had to find someone out there who had all the books so that I could read and read. I called my good friend. She met me at an undisclosed location (our kids school) and handed me two of the books I needed and said that the third was lost, but she'd find it. I was so grateful. We got home and I set a timer so that I wouldn't forget to make dinner ( all those little needy people) and then tried to put the kids to bed early, but wait! I had to go take Alexis to a church thing, NOOO!!! We got home at a little after eight. I sat and read , then saw the time and rushed the older two kids to bed. I was alone to read. And then I fell asleep on the couch! I woke up at around 11:30 and put myself to bed. When I woke up I got those needy kids fed again and drove them to there shortened day of school and ran home and read. I set the timer again so that I wouldn't forget to pick them up two hours earlier than scheduled, and came home and Steve says "Let's go to the zoo." Fine. We went, had fun, saw animals. I was missing my book. I needed it. I read a little more setting the timer again so that I would remember to make dinner, and then at about 9:30 I was finished. It is a good thing that I already had Eclipse. I asked Steve if he would be annoyed if I started it, he said no. I kissed him goodnight and went back on the couch and read and got to page 109 and had to go to bed (if only I was a vampire right?) So today my illness is sure to continue. Twilightus, is there a cure? I hope I can find a support group or something to help me.
May 23
Addition: I finished Breaking Dawn this morning. I extremely enjoyed these books. I don't know that I'll ever be cured from Twilightus as silly as it may seem. Reading all the books so quickly back to back made the experience really fun and a little emotional.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Katie you are so funny.

Jill said...

I have all the books on CD so I listen to them all the time, in the car, making dinner..... It makes it so much easier, never have to put it down :) I have listened to them all at least 3 times. I know I need help :)

Stelene said...

HA HA! I'm so glad you are a fan. I was the same way & now have read all of them at least twice & some for a 3rd time. I can't believe you even took time to blog...JK :)

john and steph said...

That is so funny. They are addicting books. I love them as well but I never get anything done when I am reading a good book.

jaredelizabeth said...

It is a sickness. Unfortunately the only cure is to read them all and be done with it. Enjoy!

Lani said...

Hee hee hee hee... that was me summer of '07... except then I had to wait for the last book! Torture. :-)

Jennifer Groves said...

Yes, I suffered from that illness myself last summer. I am a fan too. I stayed up way too late many a night just to finish the darn things. They are good though.

Wooden's said...

oh, I am right there with you and every time that I read them it starts all over again...

Diana said...

Join the club! I don't think there is a cure though.