Today is Father's Day. I have to say that I think that Steve is the best father and husband that I could have asked for for our family. I know that every wife and mother will say the same about their husbands. Isn't that wonderful?
I just have to brag about Steve a bit. He is such a good example to me, and more importantly, the kids. When Alexis was 17 months old Tommy was born. It was really hard for her. She didn't like that my attention was placed on that little baby, and so she began to act out a bit. Steve thought about what he could do to help her, and so began the tradition of Saturday morning dates, now termed by the kids as their "days off". Steve would take Alexis to breakfast each Saturday morning and spend time just the two of them. When Tommy got a little older the dates pretty much stopped. A few years later, Michael was born and so Steve thought it was time to start the breakfast dates again. He would alternate every other week with Alexis then Tommy. When Michael was 19 months old, Amy was born, and Michael was able to start going on his day off with Steve. When Amy reached 18 months old, she started to go as well. Now each child gets one Saturday per month with Steve. They all know when their day off is next. They look forward to it all month. I am impressed with Steve. He uses this time with the kids to talk to them and shows interest in their lives. Last year he spent each of the days off with Alexis preparing her for baptism. For twelve months he had a different lesson prepared for her. He is doing the same with Tommy this year. I feel that Steve is a great father because he takes the time to know his kids. He shows them that he loves them and that he cares for them. He takes the time to teach them the things which he feels are important in the scriptures and is a good example with his scripture study. The kids know that the gospel is important to him, and so it is important to them as well. I am grateful to have been sealed to him in the temple. I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
I love you, Steve.
3 comments:
Sweet post. Dad's are great aren't they?
I wanted to ask you to put a picture of the finished quilt that you were working on Thursday night. You're so talented and I'm excited to see it!
I will when I'm done. I'm a little frustrated so I'm taking some of it apart and redoing it.
I'm excited to see the finished product!
I thought of you when I saw this. And not just because her name is Katie too. I want to make this as my first quilt. I think it would be hard to mess it up but then again I don't know. I'm a newbie. Here's a link that you can copy and paste to check it out. I love this quilt and I can do it on my simple machine...I think.
http://katiedid.squarespace.com/katie-did-journal/2009/1/27/quilt-how-to.html
Post a Comment