Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching Up

I have alot of catching up to do so lets get to it.


We went to Denver at the end of July. It was a nice break from the heat. We satyed with Steve's grandama and parents. I loved that the kids could play in that huge yard all day and not get heat stroke. We saw my sister Amanda and her little boy Asher while we were there. The kids had fun on the slip n slide and I enjoyed sitting on the patio.





Oh yeah, Steve threw the kids down the slip n slide. Maybe that's why it was so fun.






We went to my favorite place to go in Denver called the Littleton Historical Museum. We visit it everytime we're in Denver. This was the first time we went that the blacksmith shop was open and the blacksmith was working. I t was really cool to see him pounding the iron. Unfortunately, the blacksmith pictures will not load onto my post. I'll keep trying to add them.




On August third we had the kids first day of school. I know, the summer was too short! I would love to have them home longer, but I think they are happy to be socializing again. I love having them home. So far, they both like their teachers, and have jumped right into our routine.









We started our garden on Saturday, August 8. We've decided to try the "square foot" method. My good friend Suzette let us borrow the book, and then we got to work. The box was easy to make, and the special dirt was easy to mix. The kids had fun helping plant, and we are excited to see the results! We planted 16 corns, 1 yellow crook neck squash, 1 zucchini, 3 broccoli, and 27 green beans.


This morning when I went out to water, I found sprouts! It's only Wednesday the 12th. I was surprised to see the little yellow squash sprout, but I was more surprised to see 10 of our 16 corns had also sprouted. I am so thrilled!

squash


four little corn sprouts





one close-up corn sprout


1 comment:

Lani said...

I was looking at Jennie's copy of the square foot garden the other day. I think I wanna try it! An YAY for sprouts coming up. I'm so glad the seed snatchers didn't hit your place! ;-)