Monday, January 25, 2010

Whoops!

Time has flown by since Alexis' birthday!  I have been aware that I haven't posted anything, and now I will do my best to catch up, though there won't be pictures or anything.  I may add pictures later.

After Alexis' birthday came Amy's 3rd birthday.  I know she deserves her own post, and a little brag session with lots of pictures.  She is an amazing little girl, and we all love her so much.  I don't think I took pictures of her family party, but it was nice to have Kelley, Mark and Logan (aunt, uncle, cousin) over for dinner and cake and gifts.

After that came my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  The best meal of the year!  We enjoyed the afternoon with our good friends, the Buck's.  All I can say is YUMMM!

Christmas came.  It was delightful.  Steve's parents and wonderful grandma came for a week and had Christmas with us and Kelley, Mark, and Logan.  We had a wonderful and delicious Christmas Eve dinner with all the family and our good friends the Haynie's.  Christmas day was so fun.  I think the kids really enjoyed it.  That afternoon, we were served a surprise dinner of rib roast made by Cindy and Kelly and Grandma.  Again, Yummm.

January came and Steve and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in Florida.  Why Florida?  Well Steve planned a surprise for me for my Christmas/ Anniversary gift.  The surprise was going to FL to visit my younger sister Molly.  It was a fun trip.  Steve and I were there together for 3 days, and then he jumped on the plane alone to return home to take care of the kids, and left me there for three more days to spend time with my sister.  It was a thoughtful and fun gift.  I did miss my family, and felt alone without them.  I need to give a special thanks to the Buck's for watching the kids for us while we were away.  It really means a lot to us.

So I guess that's it.  I will be better about posting.  I promise.  I'm pretty sure everyone has given up and stopped checking for new posts by now.  I guess I deserve it.

Oh yeah, we are going to have a baby boy arriving mid-June.  We are so excited and can't wait to meet him!

Katie

4 comments:

The Allens said...

It was good to hear what you guys have been up to. Congratulations on the upcoming new baby! That is exciting! Glad everything is going well for you guys!

jaredelizabeth said...

That was a nice little side note at the end!!!!!! Congrats.

The Crandall Clan said...

Congratulations on the new up comming little one. And a boy! Everyone I know that is due in June or July, including my little sister, are having little boys. Must be what was in the water at the time. :) Any ways Congratultaions!!!!!

About Us said...

OK. So why have we lost touch when we are only a few miles away from each other?? Congrats on the new baby! We need to talk sometime. We may be moving this summer.