Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Innocence
I am so grateful to be a mother. My kids help me to stop and rethink things, and to see things in a more innocent way. This morning as we were driving to school, there was a disgusting pack of dogs walking along the side of the road. I didn't point them out to the kids. I just thought to myself that there are too many stray dogs in our area. As we passed them, Amy says to me " Mom, those dogs are so cute. They were playing follow the leader by the road." It was a good lesson for me to stop being so cynical, and to have a better imagination to share with my kids. They are so full of hope and love for all things, that I need to be able to be ready for those moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't been on your blog for a while and - surprise! You are pregnant! Congrats!!! I am really happy for you guys. Hope all is well :)
She is so stinkin cute! Thanks for letting them come over today! We need to do that more often!! I love the way your kids call me Sister Siddoway by the way. Yet they call my hubby Nick! It makes me laugh!!
Post a Comment