Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finished Quilt

I started this quilt in April 2009.  I am really happy with it because it was by my own design.  I was so excited to quilt it, but a little nervous.  I made a decent attempt of stitching in the ditch, and hated the way it turned out.It puckered up in a lot of places.  I did what any other sane person would do, and I picked out all of the stitches.  Thousands of them.  Then I put the quilt top away for about 10 months so I wouldn't have to look at it.   Well, I've been practicing free motion quilting on my machine and finally felt confident enough to try it on a real quilt.  I am very happy with the result, and can't wait to give it to BabyVoldemort in June (even though it will be about 110 degrees when he arives).

My design

unquilted

quilted and bound

close-up of the stippling

front and back together

my 30 something year old sewing machine, never meant for quilting

4 comments:

Darci said...

WOw I really like that one. I also love the colors of your living room. Way to go.

Lani said...

Haha... I just finished reading the post and it answered my question. :-) Nevermind!

Lani said...

I love how it turned out. Is this going to be for baby Voldemort? ;-)

Katie said...

You're funny Lani!