I had a call from the school first thing this morning. I am always a little nervous when the school calls because it usually means someone's hurt. Well this morning it was Tommy's teacher informing me that she would like to have Tommy attend the fourth grade class for math instruction. That means that Tommy would actually be doing fifth grade work since they are on an accelerated curriculum. I told her that it was OK with me if he wasn't already too far behind, and if he wanted to do it. We'll see how it goes.
I went to a meeting at the school today for a drug prevention program we are hoping to implement in our school called notMYkid. It actually made me want to home school more than ever. I'm scared for my kids and what they will be exposed to in the future. I pray everyday that they will be safe and make good choices, and make good friends that will help them through life, not hurt them. I just want my kids to be safe and successful. I want them to be strong. I want them to grasp tightly to the gospel. I want them to live what is right, not just know what is right. I will never say that "it could never happen to my kid". I know that things happen and you honestly never know what to expect. I know I can't control their choices, and that they have agency. I want them to know that there are lasting consequences for every action they choose. I want them to know that repentance is a wonderful gift from our Savior. I hope they know that they have earthly parents who love them. I hope they know that they have Heavenly parents who love them. I want to be able to protect them at all times, but I can't. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't do it all. All I can do is teach them.
No comments:
Post a Comment