Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Going Around

On Friday, Michael had a fever, and no other symptoms.  I kept him home from church on Sunday because he had a bit of fever on Saturday too.  I'm sure glad I did, because I quickly came down with a nasty crud in my chest.  It brought me down fast.  I know from experience that you have to cough it up and spit it out to get well.  The sooner the better.  Monday was bad, Tuesday was a little better, and today I'm mostly well, but I can't breathe too deeply.  I don't like coughing.  I don't like sneezing.  I think the only thing that could literally drive me crazy is coughing.  Not just mine, but listening to my kids.  Poor Michael has a bad cough.  I'm trying to teach him how to cough the crud up and spit it out.  It's gross, but it works. 

Michael has his first field trip tomorrow.  I am so excited for him.  He is so excited.  I really hope he has fun.

Burke rolled over today.  He is growing so fast.  He also isn't feeling well.  He had is four month shots yesterday.  He has had a mild fever and sore legs.  He wants to be happy, but you can tell he just isn't himself. 

Today was a half day.  I like half days.  I love hearing the voices of the kids happy and playful.  Not tired and cranky like after a full day of school. 

Steve's grandma came over for a few hours this evening.  I love that woman.

I haven't done my RAGNAR training at all this week.  I have been sticking to the diet that Steve has me on.  Food doesn't taste like anything right now anyway because of my cold.  I am going to try to run and do yoga tomorrow.  We'll see.

I'm going to the State Fair tomorrow.  I'll say more about that later.

I love Alexis's loyalty.  I love Tommy's concern for others.  I love Michael's excitement.  I love Amy's dancing.  I love Burke's new skills.  I love that Steve is home from his business trip.

No comments: