Monday, June 13, 2011

Girls Day Camp 2011: Living As a Pioneer

Today was the first day of our 2nd Girl's Day Camp.  I had nine little girls and two mom helpers.  I think it went well.  Today we started on a nine-patch quilt, made strawberry jam, and made a yarn Nettie doll.  For lunch we made roast chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans.  I want these girls to have fun, and learn skills they may be able to use in their future homes.  The life skills used today are: sewing, ironing, measuring, jam making, slicing, team work, and teaching.  We divided the girls into groups of three, and set each at an activity area.  Once they finished in an area, they were able to teach the next group what to do.  It was great to see them kindly instruct each other on things they just learned, which will help them retain what they learned.  I really enjoy being able to do this for my daughter and her friends.











2 comments:

Lani said...

What a fabulous idea! What an awesome momma!

Erin said...

That is awesome! What do you do with your other kiddos?