Monday, March 19, 2012

47 Days Until Summer Vacation

I haven't mentioned the wonderful rain we had this weekend.  It brought nice cool temperatures and much needed moisture.  I love it.

Today was good.  I had a mid-wife appointment, and everything looks good.  The kids reluctantly went back to school.  It's days like this, after a break, when I really wish we home schooled.  I hate for them to go back, and so do they.  I feel like we can do so much more at home.  I don't have perfect patience, and I am not the best at being organized.  I don't know what I would do with the younger kids while working with the school aged kids.  I know there are a lot of reasons not to home school, but I feel like the reasons to home school really out weigh those reasons.  I can't wait for school to be out for the year.

I'm really tired tonight.  Last night Burke really didn't sleep unless he was by my side.  I really didn't sleep with him by my side.  Not only that, but Amelia was super active.  It was as if they planned to give me the worst night sleep I've had in over a year.  Hmmm... Maybe they're just preparing me for the months of sleepless night to come.  Let's see how much sleep I need to stay sane and competent.  Speaking of sleep, a side note. At the mid-wife office today I read a blurb in a magazine that said if you sleep 7.5 or more hours a night you burn more fat.  If you sleep 5.5 hours or less, you burn lean muscle.  I guess there is such a thing as beauty sleep.

Enough rambling.  I'm done.

No comments: