Wednesday, June 6, 2012

9th Day of Summer Vacation

We've been quite busy.

Tommy had fun at Cub Scout Day Camp.  Then Sunday, Amy was sick, and Michael thought he might be sick. I stayed home with all 5 of the younger kids and Alexis and Steve went to church.  Monday was the first day of Girl's Day Camp.  It was really fun.  I love these girls, and I can't believe how grown-up they've become.  I was a little sad when we started because this will be the last year we do this until Amy turns 8.  I've really enjoyed doing this the past few summers.  So for day one we worked on a sewing project.  There was a cute and simple bag pattern in one of my quilting magazines that was perfect for the girls to sew.  Alexis and I picked out the fabric at Hobby Lobby, and all of the girls really liked it.  For lunch we made breakfast.  Coffee cake and french toast, yum.  Day two of camp they finished their bags and I taught them how to patch a hole in jeans.  For lunch, we had nachos and macaroni and cheese.  I taught them how to make a basic cheese sauce that they could use for both.  Today was supposed to be day three, but Alexis woke up sick.  We tentatively rescheduled for Monday.  








 While we were doing our thing, Amy and Burke were with Grandma Cindy, and Tommy and Michael were in the front room building a Lego project.  They finished it in two days.  It turned out really cool.



It's the Black Pearl


 I Never Want to Be Done
I have six great kids.  I love them so much. No, we don't have a perfect life.  No I don't have endless patience.  Yes, there is yelling and arguing between the kids.  Most of the time, though, they are best friends.   They play well together.  They love each other.  Why would I want to be done having kids?  The joy far outweighs any agony.  I feel blessed by the Lord each time we bring a new baby into our home.  I know I'll never feel like we should be done having kids, but I have to be done sometime.  I feel good about the dynamics of our family.  We are in a good place.  









Nature Girl

Amy was invited to go to a movie with Aunt Kelley and Logan this morning.  After the movie, Kelley took the kids to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  In her kids meal, there was a little nature book on how to identify a few types of trees.  When she came home she wouldn't put the booklet down.  She put this cute outfit on and became Nature Girl.  She is so cute.



She's crying because I told her to smile a real smile.  She said she didn't know how to smile.  I thought her crying was just as cute.

No comments: