Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday

This morning started off early.  Amelia needed to eat at four, and then at five Burke came in.  Steve took him out of our room and watched a show on the couch.  I slept 30 more minutes, and then Steve left for his YM bike training.  I laid on the couch with Burke and tried to go back to sleep, but it wasn't very effective.  The other kids woke-up and it was officially time to start the day.  I needed to go to Target, so I had the kids get ready to go.  While I was trying to do something with my hair Burke came in screaming in pain like I've never heard him scream before.  He had jammed an inch and a half long piece of broken Q-tip into his ear.  It wasn't bleeding, but I called the Dr anyway.  They said to bring him in to make sure there was no damage.  We ran to Target and then up to the Dr.  To my surprise, we had a credit to our account, so I didn't have to pay a co-pay.  That was a nice surprise.  We were called back to see the doc, and he checked both ears.  No damage.  Good.  We came home, did a quick house pick up and then Steve took Burke for his day off, and I took the kids to the library.  It was fun.  I was able to find a few good used books at the Friends of the Library shelf for only 50 cents.  I love good deals.  Tommy went to a birthday party, and Steve and I went to Costco.  All of the kids have been reading almost all day.  It's been great.

I'm teaching Gospel Doctrine tomorrow.  I'm a little overwhelmed.

No comments: