Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tuesday

We went on an unplanned field trip Tuesday that was organized by our local homeschool group.  It was really neat.  We went to a presentation about a few types of birds of prey, put on by the Liberty Wildlife Rehab Foundation.  We saw a Peregrine Falcon, a tiny Screech Owl, and a Red Tail Hawk.  All three of the birds were living in captivity because they had be injured so badly they couldn't be released back into the wild.  They were beautiful creatures.  I couldn't believe how pretty and small the falcon was.  The hawk was much larger, and also very beautiful.  The poor little owl was missing an eye, but he was really cute.  We learned a lot about the birds.  All of the kids were really into the presentation.  Burke thought it was the coolest thing ever to see those birds so closely.  Michael and Tommy asked some really great questions.  Amy asked and really cute question, and Alexis just soaked in the information.

I am so happy to be homeschooling the kids.  We are able to do things that we couldn't do when they were in public school.  I am so happy to be able to take them to these different activities and let them learn more than what is going to be on a test.  I love spending so much time with them.  I love being able to help them with their assignments.   I love hearing the jokes they make.  I love seeing Burke learning while the older kids are learning.  I am so grateful to Steve for letting me do this.  I love it.








No comments: