Monday, November 12, 2012

Alexis' 12th Birthday

Twelve years ago, Friday, I became a mother.  It was the best day of my life at that time.  Time has flown by and the little baby I gave birth to has somehow turned into a very independent, intelligent, beautiful, loving, kind, energetic, silly, funny, creative, outgoing, extraordinary young woman.  I barely remember being twelve.  I don't remember the excitement of going unto YW and leaving Primary.  I don't remember feeling too old to play with younger kids and wanting to be with the adults, but not quite fitting in with them either.  I don't remember twelve being a hard age.  When I look at my daughter, I see her as a daughter of God.  I see an enormous responsibility.  The world is different than it was when I was her age.  The world will be different still in six years when she is ready for college.  I pray that I can teach her all she needs to know spiritually and temporally, to prepare her to be on her own.

A ton of Alexis pictures



























She is the BEST.  I couldn't be more grateful to have her in my life.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Can't believe it's been twelve years!! We met you guys when you were expecting her. She was and still is a beautiful girl!!!