Sunday, December 23, 2012

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

I was so happy to wake up Friday and see that the world didn't end.  I would have been really upset.  There are so many things to look forward too in the future that it would have been too soon.

For school we had spelling tests, a bit of math, and everyone read their Christmas poems we had been working on for writing.  Then I announced that we were officially on Christmas break and received cheers.  Tommy was invited to a movie with his best friend.  they saw Wreck-It Ralph.  He said it was really good.
I went shopping for something for Steve.  I think I did a good job.  He really is hard to shop for.  When I came home I told him that he and I needed a date night, so we went to Village Inn, and then to see The Hobbit.  I don't think I need to go back to V.I., but I do want to see The Hobbit again!  I really enjoyed it.

Friday night I was up with sick kids off and on the whole night.  I was up at 4:20 Saturday, to take care of Amelia, and then I decided to email my running buddy and tell her that I wasn't going to be able to run because I was up all night.  About five minutes later I emailed her back telling her that I was going to go, because I couldn't go back to sleep.  So I put on my running gear and picked her up.  We had a great run on the mountain.  It felt so good to be out and moving.   I really haven't run as much as I should this month.  When I came home, Steve left for his turn to run on the mountain.  Because we were both tired from the early morning and running, we took it easy all day.  Steve took Alexis shopping for her day off.  She needed new church shoes.  I did a tiny bit of cleaning, and tried to take a nap.

Sunday we had had a really nice musical Sacrament meeting.  I love the Christmas music, and the focus it brings to my mind.  We are not here to celebrate presents and Santa Claus.  We are here to celebrate the birth of our Savior, and what better way to rejoice in Him than through beautiful song.  I am grateful for the birth of Jesus Christ.

No comments: