Thursday, December 20, 2012

Five Year Plan

I am starting school in January.  I am really excited about it.  Today I was studying all of the different degrees and options offered through the BYU-I pathway program.  I have come up with a plan that will ultimately put me where I want to be to start the next chapter of my life... when the kids are grown up and moved away.  I dread that day, but Steve says that I have to do something when they leave.  I told him that I will just stay home and quilt. He says he doesn't want to be married to the "crazy quilt lady".  So for now I will continue to be crazy in my spare time, while I focus on school (5 years) in preparation to become a midwife (10 years).  It is definitely going to take some time, because my number one priority is raising my kids.  I will not overload myself with school and take out my stress on everyone else.  I will not sacrifice time with my kids for a degree.  It will all come in time, and I am really excited for what lies ahead.

The kids have been outside playing all afternoon, in our muddy backyard. It is not a particularly warm day to day, either.  This morning when Steve and I went for our run, it was 45 degrees, and there was frost on the trash cans.  There were some little kids walking to school who were so excited to see the ice on the plastic lids.  "Hey!"  they yelled to some other kids, "Look at this!".  I told them that it was called frost.  "Hey, look  at this frost!" It was so cute to see their excitement.  It is a rare thing to see frost here.

Tomorrow is a half day for us.  We are going to start Christmas Break at 10:00, after tests and math.  I can't wait for Christmas.

No comments: