Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday

I'm about to make some hot chocolate for the kids.  Tommy went to a basketball game with a friend, and Alexis is at the temple lights with Steve and the Youth.  I am happy to be home with the younger four, who are going to bed as soon as the hot chocolate is drank (drunk?).

Is it just me or have diapers gone up in price in the last 6 months?  I need to buy for both kids, but hopefully Burke will not go through another 100 diapers.  I really need to focus on the toilet training after Christmas.

I am addressing cards tonight, and watching Emma by Masterpiece Classics.  I love that movie.

I have enjoyed all of the Christmas cards we've received so far.  I love seeing pictures of  my friends and their families who I miss so much!

I am feeling grateful to be a woman who has the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am especially grateful for Him at this time of year as I think about His humble beginnings.  I think of Joseph and how desperate he must have felt to find a suitable place for his young bride to bear the Christ Child, and how the stable was the last place he would have wanted her to be. I think of Mary and her birth experience.  I think of the surroundings He was birthed in, with animals and dirt and awful smells.  I think of the glorious gift that was given to all mankind through his sacrifice.  I wish I could have been there to witness the sacred event.

No comments: