Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2

Today I fully intended to start school back up.  I thought that since we took a week off to go to Disneyland, that we should not take a full two weeks for Christmas off.  Well, when I returned home from running, everyone was still asleep. When I was done taking a shower, everyone was still asleep.  They must have really needed to sleep in.  I took my time getting ready for the day, and at 7:30 Tommy came in and asked
"Why didn't anyone wake me up at 6:30?"  I told him that I thought he must need the sleep, so I didn't wake him up.  After breakfast I decided to cancel school for the rest of the week.  Alexis would have missed tomorrow anyway, because the youth in the ward are going to the temple.  It's hard to start on a Wednesday, and I can rationalize it all day!

Instead of starting school, we went to the Arizona Science Center.  We received a membership as a gift from Mark and Kelley for Christmas.  It will be used, that's for sure.  When we were leaving the kids were hungry and wanted to go out for lunch.  I didn't want to spend the money, so I told them that we could go home to eat lunch and then go to Scooptacular.  We used our free cone coupons from the Turkey Trot.  Alexis invited her friend Hayley to come along.

Today I ran for 50 minutes, which came out to 5.27 miles.  Average pace was 9:29 per mile.  Friday will be a shorter run at 35 minutes, but Saturday will be my longest run yet at 80 minutes.  That will be fun.  If I can keep my pace under 10 minutes the whole time, I'll be happy.

No comments: