Sunday, February 24, 2013

Goal

I accomplished one of my goals.  I ran in the Ragnar Relay Friday and yesterday.  It was really fun.  I feel good about my times, and ability to keep going.  I had been fighting off a cold the whole time, and by the time I arrived home I had a fever.  I'm still not feeling well, but I am feeling better.

Some other news.

We have put the kids into public school.  It was a hard decision but the right one.  I definitely could have homeschooled longer.  I really love it, and I don't feel that it was hard.  There is a lot going on in this house, after a lot of discussion we decided that the one thing that we didn't have to do was homeschool, so we enrolled them in  public school.  I was pretty sad the first day.  I felt like I didn't know what to do with myself.  They came home very happy the first day.  They had fun, and because they already have friends there, it wasn't as hard to transition as they thought it would be.  I miss homeschool, but am happy that we were able to do it at all.  It was a great time, and no one will ever take the time I spent with my kids away from me.

I am really enjoying my schooling.  I never thought I would choose it over homeschooling the kids.  I love the classes I am taking.  I have learned more from the Book of Mormon this past month than I have in the time I've done my own personal scripture study.  I know it's because I am assigned to look for certain things, and I'm required to keep a study journal.  It has made the scriptures much more interesting to me.  Another reason I think I like reading so well is because we are assigned to read a lot in a week.  Instead of a chapter at a time, or reading for a set length of time, I am reading about 10 chapters a week.  I have been able to follow the history and events better.

No comments: