Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Short Update

The kids are doing well in school.  I think they are enjoying it.  Timmy has joined the school soccer team.  They played their first game today.  Michael is about the same as he has been for years, sad to leave each day.  It makes me wish we were still homeschooling, but I know it is not a good time.  Amy is spreading her sunshine and making friends.  Alexis is working her bum off at home preparing to take the AIMS as a 7th grader.  We are hoping that she will score well so that she can enter school as an 8th grader next year.  We'll see what the school says.  Burke is learning fast.  He is blowing my mind.  Amelia is teething again.  By the middle of the month she'll have 12 teeth.  She is also taking steps.  I'm not ready for her to walk.  

I am enjoying my classes still.  I am conflicted about what I want to major in, though.  I have been saying that I would like to be a midwife, which I really would.  I am scared to death though.  It is such a huge responsibility.  I think if I go through with it, I would earn my Master's in Nursing because I'm not sure if I could handle the pressure of being a home birth midwife.  If I don't go through nursing school, I'm not sure what I would want to major in. There are so many options, and I have so many interests.  I know I should choose something that is marketable, but I also want to do something I will love.  I have thought about Business, and starting my quilting business or GF baking business.  I don't know.  Sometimes it is not good to have so many choices.

I haven't run in over a week.  I've been sick, and my lung capacity is not where I'd like for it to be.  I hoe to be better soon!  I need to run, I want to run.  I have my half-marathon in about 8 weeks.  I want to do well.  I also want to keep my weight down, and running is good for that.


No comments: