Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Must. Can. Pumpkin.

I love canning.  Sometimes I buy produce with the intent to can, and then don't really have the time to do it.  I bought four pie pumpkins on Saturday so that I could can pumpkin chunks which will become Thanksgiving dessert.  They are still on my counter.  Hmmm.  Time doesn't grow on trees.  It's a good thing that pumpkin doesn't go bad quickly.

Yesterday I coached my first Running Club activity at the middle kid's school.  Amy and Michael both had a lot of fun, and Tommy led the warm up stretches.  We ran .75 miles which I think is pretty good for K-2 graders.  

Part of being a mom is doing things we don't want to do.  I am busy, and I am stressed out with school.  my house has not been the same since I had Burke, and my mind is practically gone.  I can't remember things, because I have so much to remember.  I don't have time to be running club coach.  I don't have time to be Cub Master.  I don't have time to go to football games.  I don't have time to feed the missionaries.  I do it, though.  I do it because it shows my family that I love them.  It shows my family that I love the Lord.  It shows my family that I will do the things that are important to them.  Sometimes we just have to do for others.  I think I do for myself enough, and little things around the house can wait.  Being mom means selflessness and finding joy in your children.  That doesn't mean that I don't get to do the things I like to do.  I have made time in the middle of the night to make quilts and clean the house.  Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew, and I am grateful and blessed that I have an amazing, supportive husband who will step in and make the Arrow of Light boards for scouts for me, and drive to pick the kids up from school so that I can finish a skirt for the temple cultural celebration, or that he will take the two little kids out for an hour while I study in silence.  It's not like that everyday, but on the days it is, I sure am grateful for my eternal companion.  

No comments: