I decided not to can all four pumpkins because they are not easy to cut up, and after cutting up two of them, I realized that was plenty.
Also, on Wednesday I took Amy out of school early and we went to the State Fair. We didn't go on any rides. We went to see the animals and the quilts. It was so much fun. There were some beautiful chickens there. I think that next year I will encourage the kids to enter something in the fair. I will be entering a quilt again. I did a few years ago, and won first place in my division with this quilt.
The kids had a great time at the fair's petting zoo.
| Moo |
I wore Amelia on my back the whole time. She didn't want to get down, which was fine with me. One thing I learned that day is it is not a good idea to wear flip flops in a petting zoo.
Last Saturday we celebrated Steve's mom's birthday. The kids had a water gun fight with their Idaho cousins. They had a really fun time.
Today I helped make more skirts for the cultural celebration. We had seven ladies working on various aspects of the skirts in an assembly line type fashion. I am so glad that Alexis doesn't have school on Friday's, because I think that it was good for her to help. Not only that, she was in the company of some really neat ladies who are good women and have great experiences to share.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to help with the cultural celebration. I am grateful for the experiences we are having in preparation for the new Phoenix temple. Steve has been able to serve during the open house in a few different capacities, and he is in charge of a group of kids for the cultural celebration. I have been able to help with the costumes. Tomorrow we are going through the open house as a family. It is so great to have another temple in the Phoenix area. Now AZ will have five working temples. I am so happy that we have temples. I am so happy to have the restored gospel in my life. I am so happy that I am sealed to my husband and family for time and all eternity.
"We have tasted of life’s successes and sorrows. We have dealt with disappointment, disease, and death among our children. But death cannot divide families sealed in the temple. That period of separation is only temporary. Thanks to the Lord’s great plan of happiness, we can all face the future with great faith and optimism."
Elder Russell M. Nelson
"Faith and Families"
February 6, 2007 CES Fireside
Elder Russell M. Nelson
"Faith and Families"
February 6, 2007 CES Fireside

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment