This week has been so busy. Last Saturday our family toured the Phoenix Temple. It is so beautiful. It is warm and inviting and not overly ornate or overdone. It feels like home to me. On Tuesday, Steve and I had the privilege to be ushers for the temple open house. It was a great experience. I also helped on the skirts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This cultural celebration is going to be amazing.
Also this week, Michael and Amy tried out for the school musical "Peter Pan". They are so cute, and I hope they get a part. Michael did have a call back and learned some songs and dance moves. While he was in his call back I took the little kids to swing. It was fun. We also had running club this week.
I am worried about Accounting class. I am not confident at all. I have my second exam on Tuesday, and really need the Lord to help me. I told Steve that I am going to drop out of school. It is so hard. He won't let me drop out so I guess I must press forward!
"As a mother you have been given divine instincts to help you sense your child’s special talents and unique capacities. With your husband you can nurture, strengthen, and cause those traits to flower."
Elder Richard G. Scott
"The Eternal Blessings of Marriage"
April 2011 General Conference
I hope that is true. I need to be better at praising my kids and helping them grow rather that criticizing them thinking that I am teaching them. I should use my instincts and try to be more patient. It is something I am working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment