Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween /It Finally Feels like Fall!

Last Friday was Halloween.  I confess it is not my favorite holiday.  I don't like candy, I don't like my kids to have candy and I don't like the idea of going door to door begging for candy.  I didn't buy candy to hand out (though fruit snacks are pretty much candy), Steve took the kids trick-or-treating, and Tommy handed out our fruit snacks.  I do love the costumes, though.  It is always fun to dress up. I loved dressing up as a kid, and still do a little.  Alexis went to a party where she was Rapunzel from Tangled.  Tommy dressed as "Bill" wearing a white shirt that had a "Hello, My Name Is..." sticker on it.  Michael was Batman.  Amy was an 80's girl complete with pink lipstick, and crimped ponytail.  Burke was Spider-Man and didn't take off his costume until yesterday.  Amelia was a fairy princess with wings and a crown.  They all looked great.  I was happy because all Halloween stuff was 50% off at Goodwill Halloween morning.  That was where we bought the majority of our costumes.  I spent $20.  I did have to go to Wal-Mart to buy fabric to alter Alexis' dress since it didn't have a back or sleeves, but that was only an additional $4.  Not too bad.







I am feeling some relief in my accounting class.  I talked to my teacher and there is extra credit work I can do and he drops the lowest exam score, which is so great.  I am hoping to earn an 80% over all for the class.

The temple dedication is fast approaching.  The kids have been working so hard to perform in the Cultural Celebration.  They will be in the front row and I know they will do a great job.  I'm not sure they completely understand the uniqueness and special-ness of this event.  I don't know if they realize the spirit they will feel when President Monson enters the stadium where they will be performing.  I don't know if they realize the blessings that their participation in this temple dedication will bring to them.  I am so grateful to have another temple in the Phoenix area.  I love the new Phoenix temple.  I love the work we will do there and that we do in the other temples.  I am grateful for my eternal marriage and my husband.


                                 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute family!