Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amy's A Big Girl!

On Friday, Amy asked me if she could wear a pair of princess underpants. I thought that was a good sign and told her she could. She told me she needed to go potty a couple times, and I though she was a genius until she peed all over the family room. Thank goodness for tile floors. I put her back in a diaper. On Saturday morning she came into my room and informed us that she needed to go potty. I told her to go ahead, and she did. I let her wear underpants all day, and kept reminding her that she needed to go to the bathroom. I think she had another accident so I put her in a diaper again. Sunday morning was the same. She came into our room and informed of of her need and she used the toilet. I put her in undies and she didn't have an accident until the the and of the first session of Conference. She freaked out with the urine all over her and all over the kitchen floor. EEW. I put her in a diaper and she kept telling me she needed to go to the bathroom. She didn't wet or poop her diaper all day, or night. Monday she was in undies, with no accidents. Tuesday was the greatest feat of all, she pooped in the potty. She had been holding it in for three days and couldn't do it anymore. She was so excited. I had promised her bubbles if she would go. So we played with some bubbles yesterday. I also promised her that after she went 7 times in the potty I would buy her the new Barbie Thumbalina movie. She is so proud of herself. I'm thrilled. I am expecting some relapse soon, but we are really just encouraging her to keep up the good work. I may even let her go to bed without a diaper on. Maybe not.


1 comment:

Kelley Hicken at Scribbleweed.com said...

Hooray!!! Now come train my kid. :)