The kids were happy to go to school today. Amy, Burke and I had lunch with Michael and Alexis. They run the lunch schedule like a machine. I was surprised at how they time the kids to eat and then shuffle them out the door into the 114 degree heat to have recess. It's a good thing that they all are allowed to have water bottles in class. Tommy came home upset, and wants to home school. Too bad. I'd love to, but Steve is so against it. I went to the first PTO meeting tonight. They have great things planned for the year. I'm going to help out as much as I can. With three kids there, I need to be more involved. I'm also going to contact the Gifted specialist to see what help she needs. I did my first teacher help for the year for Michael's teacher. She needed some laminated name tags cut apart. Michael is learning some cute songs in class. Amy and I worked on a Memory card game. She is really good, and gets so excited to get her match. Burke wasn't so fussy today, but he is now, so I need to put him to bed. Last night he went down at 9:00, and woke up at 12:30, and 2:00, and 4:30, and 6:30. It was a long night. I'm surprised I functioned at all today. Steve is was told that he is a strict and mean seminary teacher. I actually think that's pretty funny. I'm the strict mean one. Tomorrow I hope to get the floor mopped, and some clothes folded. We seem to have a never ending mountain of laundry. I don't get it. The kids are looking forward to Super Fun Friday Movie Night. It's something we've done for the past four years and I don't think we've missed more than 5 Friday's. They all count on it. I make pizza, and show them a movie, usually one they've never seen before. I've picked a few of my childhood favorites, and a lot of new ones. They were all scared of An American Tail. OK, I'm rambling now.
I need sleep, and so does my baby.
1 comment:
Hey, thanks for putting my button on your blog! :-)
Post a Comment