Yesterday was the first day of school for our kids. It was harder for me than it was for them. I'm not one of those moms who can't wait for their kids to get back to school. I really miss them when they're gone. Michael went right into Kindergarten with no problem. He asked me not to walk him to class today, because Tommy was going to do it. Alexis is so social that she was happy to see all of her friends again. Tommy and Alexis both have teachers that they've had before, so they weren't nervous. Most of the kids in their classes are the same as the past few years. It's so routine to them that it wasn't a big deal... for them. I felt that the house was too quiet. I felt like pieces of me were missing, especially while at the grocery store. I feel like I have less and less time to teach them how to be good people, and that they are influenced more by outside sources. Before I know it they will be moving out going to college. I know what a huge responsibility it is to raise these children for the Lord. I'm so thankful for that responsibility. I love these kids. I'm realizing how important FHE is to our home. I'm happy that we have it every week. It's time to have deeper gospel centered conversations. I'm grateful for our daily family scripture study, and the strength it gives them each day. I'm grateful for family prayer. I really just can't wait for school to be out so that I have my kids home with me.
I'm so happy that Amy is still home. She and I are doing at home pre-school. She is a fun and neat little girl. Today I taught her how to put laundry on hangers. She did a great job. Burke is sweet baby. I love his smile. I also love watching his bottom lip when he cries. It is one of the cutest things ever. Even he seems to be growing faster than I'd like. Seven weeks on Friday?!
P.S. I love school uniforms!
1 comment:
I love school uniforms too. I hope my kids get to wear them :) Your kids are all so cute.
Post a Comment