Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday

We are so blessed to have a prophet on the Earth, and the wonderful organization of Christ's gospel on the Earth.  I love General Conference.  Yes, sometimes I fall asleep and miss some great talks.  I didn't today.  Today I was so overwhelmed by emotion.  I can't blame it all on hormones, my feelings for my family are very near the surface.  Before any talks I looked round the room at my children and husband and was deeply touched by how I feel for them.  I started tearing a little.  Then president Monson spoke briefly and a few things he said hit me.  There are a few things I wrote down that I am going to personally practice to better the tone in our home.  The two talks following his just made me a blubbering mess.  I had no control over the tears and quivering chin (which I hate).  The talks were on family, and parental obligation.  Everything said enforced what I was already feeling and more.  Steve asked if I was OK and I just started laughing.  I told him that I was just a little overwhelmed.  He laughed at me.

Shortly after I was brought back to the reality of motherhood.  Burke was crying and Alexis was yelling for me, then Amy started to cry.  I waddled to the bathroom where they were now doing each other's hair, and saw a huge puddle of vomit on the floor.  Gross. Amy had thrown up, and Burke saw it happen and was freaking out.  Alexis wouldn't move because she had some on her leg and arm.  It was actually pretty funny.  Unfortunately, Amy is pretty sick and hasn't been able to eat anything, and hasn't been able to keep her fluids down.  She doesn't have a fever but I'm keeping my eye out.

The boys did some weed weed pulling for me in between sessions, and Alexis and I worked on some projects.  I sewed a few blocks for Lia's quilt, and she started working on decorating her journal for her Personal Progress.  Yes it's a long time from now, but she is very excited.

I made enchiladas for dinner with bacon green beans.  It was tasty.

No comments: