One thing a mom needs to have is a positive attitude. When we look for the good in our families, we will grow to love them more. I love the feeling in our home. I am trying so hard to give each child what they need from me. The kids are learning that "fair is not equal". What one of them needs for positive reinforcement may not be what another needs. They are all so different, and you can't treat them like they should be the same. I want my home to be a place that they want to be. I want them to be best friends with each other. I love the Julie B Beck talk called "Mothers Who Know". I've thought about it a lot since she gave it, and I re-read it yesterday. I strive to be the type of mother she talks about. I just had that on my mind.
School is going well for the kids. Amy is missing her playmates. I need to do better. She is an awesome girl. Michael was so good to day. He is behaving better in the mornings and is trying hard to earn his game. Tommy is not struggling as hard as I though he would be in math. Alexis is doing great in all areas. They are both complaining about the testing this week, but that's OK. They are able to have some mindless time after school to relax.
We had a Pack Meeting tonight. It was fun. Tommy earned another bead. All the kids had fun with the water theme.
I love that Alexis loves to read. I love how Tommy looks in his scout uniform. I love that Michael loves Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone. I love that Amy enjoys her siblings. I love that Burke smiles so big at his daddy. I love the way Steve plays with the kids.
Maybe I'll exercise in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment