Monday, August 30, 2010

161 Days 'Till Summer Vacation

I have set some goals for myself recently.  One of them is to exercise for 40 minutes three times a week.  This morning I finally did it.  I woke up when Steve left for seminary, and looked at my birthday treadmill mocking me in the corner of the room.  I laid back down fully intending to fall back to sleep when the thought came to me "what good are goals if you're not going to try to accomplish them?"  I have so many goals.  I can't do them all at once, but I can do them one at a time.  I rolled out of bed and put on my shoes and socks and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.  It felt fabulous.  I actually had sweat dripping off of my face.  I haven't had that for a long time.  I didn't run, I did a pre-programmed work out.  I felt very happy after my walk.  I felt good about myself, and felt that I did a good thing. I hope I can remember that feeling on Wednesday when I don't want to wake up.

The kids are doing some benchmark testing this week, so they don't have much homework.  They are doing well.  I received the progress reports on Friday and am very pleased with the grades.

I love Alexis' dinner prep help.  I love Tommy's love for Burke.  I love Michael's bright smile.  I love Amy's need to play.  I love Burke's shining personality.  I love Steve's desire to have his house in order.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Way to go working up a sweat! :-)

I saw Tommy rubbing baby's back so sweetly during sacrament meeting on Sunday. Melted my heart. :-)