Tuesday, January 31, 2012

79 Days Until Summer Vacation

Our clothes washer is broken.  It's about 13 years old.  We've tried fixing it, but are not able to.  It's time for a new(ish) one.  Craigslist is great.  Having my washer unusable makes me feel like my entire house is out of order.

Alexis wants to home school for the rest of the school year.  I'm all for it, but Steve thinks she needs to tough it out a while longer.  She's not happy.  She gets teased and picked on for being smart, and feels like an assistant to her teacher because she is so smart.  My heart aches for her, but I have to let Steve mull this over at his own pace.

Tommy earned his Bear badge at scouts tonight.  He pinned the bear pin on my scout shirt.  I'm proud of him and all his hard work.  I had Steve take some pictures, and I look huge.  Scout uniforms are not attractive maternity clothes.

2 comments:

Lani said...

That makes my heart hurt for Alexis. Kids can be so mean. :-(

Glad to see you blogging again!

Shelly and Ben said...

I have LOVED homeschooling. It has been a great fit for my family.