Wednesday, February 8, 2012

73 Days Until Summer Vacation

So, Tommy stayed home again today.  I think he's going to school tomorrow.  He seems to be much better.  I'm glad, because I was starting to worry.  He has been under a lot of stress at school, and with Celiac disease the chances of having an ulcer are higher than normal.   We just have to be aware.

Amy didn't want to go to school today because her ears hurt.  I gave her some Mortin and homemade eardrops and sent her off.  She was fine all day.  She's so cute.

Michael had a hard time doing his homework. I asked him to do it while I was at cub scouts, but when I came home he hadn't touched it.  I sat with him after dinner and her did it so quickly.  I keep having to remind him that it's not that bad, and as soon as it's done he can play.

Alexis is speaking in a really bad British accent.  She is practicing for a Boston Tea Party skit she is doing on class.  It is so funny to hear her.

I have been reading some blogs lately that have helped me be more thankful for the blessings I have, but at the same time they make me wonder if I would be as strong and faithful and kind and loving as the women who write them.  The challenges the face everyday with their kids and trials make me so grateful that mine are seemingly meaningless. I did talk with Steve today about how I was feeling.  Could I be that strong?  Could I have that faith?  Would I know how to handle life?  We went over finances again, so that I would know how much we have and how to use it.  It's not a fun topic, but it is so important to know what to do if he were to pass on while the kids are still young, and I still have no job, and no education etc.  I think I would be fine.

I quilted the quilt today.  I hope to be able to bind it tomorrow. It is turning out pretty well.  I can't wait to finish it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie did you know that yesterday I was thinking a lot about you? I was wondering how you had the strength to be so incredibly amazing. True story. You inspire me.