After school I went to a meeting about the future of the educational standards in Arizona. I didn't feel like much real information was given, just a lot of superficial information. After the presentation I spoke with the gifted coordinator and the principal. They both were good about answering my questions and giving me information so that I can feel informed. There are things that I think will be good, but there are things that I'm not sure about. I do feel like our principal is doing a great job. She takes the time to talk with the parents, and is open to discussing my concerns. I feel that she is sincere in wanting the best for the kids there.
Tonight we went to the Young Women New Beginnings activity. The older girls did a great job on the presentations. As I was sitting there watching and thinking about Alexis, Steve tells me that we are going to have 18 straight years of YW. Nine days after Alexis turns 18, Amy will turn 12. When Amelia turns 12, Amy will be 17 1/2. I'm a little sad that the girls time in YW won't overlap more. I would have liked for them to spend time together doing the different things, and going to Girl's Camp together. I'm excited for Alexis and this new chapter in her life, though. She is going to blossom into a woman over the next six years, and it is going to be wonderful. I am looking forward to helping her and guiding her along, if she'll let me.
No comments:
Post a Comment