Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Review

Yesterday I posted a link for homemade "Biore" pore strips.  This morning I tried them.  What can I say other that amazing!  Oh how about painful!  This stuff is great, but it is basically a skin peel.  I wouldn't recommend using it more than once a month because it is a little irritating to your skin.  Do not use it directly around your eyes, because the skin there is so sensitive and thin I think this stuff could actually tear your skin.  I used it on my jaw line, chin, upper lip, and nose.  It not only clears your pores, but it is a great hair remover. Again it was painful.  I had to tear quickly like removing a  band-aid.  After I was done peeling it off, I used a warm wet wash cloth to take off any little bits that were left.  After that I used my homemade skin toner to cool and calm my skin.  It is a bottle of witch hazel with 10-15 drops of melaleuca oil.  (side note:  I love this toner.  The melaleuca oil keeps acne away, and the witch hazel is very gentle and calming)  Another thing, don't use this less than an hour before you are going to go into public, for example 15 minutes before going to a Relief Society activity.  Also, don't let your 20 month old who is already afraid of masks and face coverings see you when it's dry because it is a little scary.

Yes, I recommend this home made beauty product.

Another purpose I've decided to try this on is Tommy's head wound.  I pinched the cut together and slathered the goo on.  I kept holding it together for two minutes so that it wouldn't pop right back open.  It has sealed it up nicely, and tomorrow when he takes a shower it should wash right out.  I wouldn't use it for really deep cuts that may need stitches.

No comments: