What a fun day! I am being completely sarcastic.
Steve woke up early to go running, and when he came home he changed quickly to go to the temple. We decided I should stay home because Alexis had a fever of 101.1. He said I should just take it easy anyway. After Steve left I asked Alexis if she needed to go to Urgent Care. She said yes, and so I called Steve' mom to see if I could drop the rest of the kids off with her so that I didn't have to have all the kids in the little Urgent Care office. She said yes, so I drove them up to his mom's, and then back to the Urgent Care by our house. It was closed. The sign said that it was supposed to be open until 4:00, but this was not the first time this place has been closed when we've gone there. I didn't know what to do. Alexis really didn't feel well. I drove home to call the pediatrician's office hoping that someone would be there. (Yes, I know if I had a cell phone I could have saved myself some time.) They said that their last appointment was at 11, and it was 10:50. I told them that I could be there in 20 minutes, which I knew really wasn't possible. I drove as fast as I could without really breaking the law, and we pulled up to the office at 11:20. The whole time I was thinking that they wouldn't be there. They were though, and we weren't even the last patient to arrive. I was so relieved. All of the hassle was worth it, because Alexis has Strep throat. I knew she was really sick this morning when she wasn't acting any better after having Motrin. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone through all of the running around. I drove back to Steve's mom's, picked up the kids, dropped Alexis and Burke off at home because Burke had fallen asleep. Dropped of the order for Alexis' prescription, ran to Safeway to pick up some groceries, back over to CVS, and back home. Steve came home 15 minutes later. I told him what our day was like, and he said the he was glad that I was able to take it easy today. I've come to realize that moms don't take it easy. Our choice to be a mother demands a lot from us, and we can't always rest when we need or want too, because we are willing to give up sleep and relaxation to give our children everything they need. Yes it catches up to us eventually, but usually with me it happens around 8:30 at night when I more often then not fall asleep on the couch.
For dinner tonight, I'm going to try to make the traditional St. Patrick's Day meal of corned beef with cabbage. I've never made it before, but I like corned beef, and I want the kids to try something new.
I gave the boys their hair cuts...finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment