Friday, May 25, 2012

2nd Day of Summer Vacation

Today was pretty relaxed.  We spent the morning folding the now clean mountain of laundry, then while we were getting ready to go swimming a friend stopped by to see if we wanted to go to the splashpad with them.  We went to the splash pad, then came home for lunch.  After lunch I put Burke down for a nap, and the kids played and had video game time.  After Burke's nap we took the kids to Scooptacular for a treat.  It was the first time I'd talked to Steve all day.  He has been so swamped with work and church obligations.  Tonight Steve and I went on a little date to Applebee's.  It was pretty good. 

I love having the kids home.  I wish I could keep them here.  I wish Steve would be on board with home schooling.  

I am going to start running on Monday.  I can't wait.  I have missed running.  I'm sure I'll be really slow, but I hope to be back to my pre-Amelia pace in a month or two.

No comments: